Have you seen job portals posting opportunities for Digital Marketers too often? Have you observed the salary range? I accept I watched all the trends and concluded that it’s not just the fad; it’s making brands put more efforts to promote themselves on electronic online media.
So what is Digital Marketing exactly?
Digital marketing is technique which attracts and engages online customers and converts them into a business.
About 40% of world’s population uses internet in 2016. Due to easy access of internet with newest generations of fast-paced networks, the information is available in everyone’s pocket within a fraction of second. The number of smart devices users along with desktop devices is also bulging.
These favorable conditions make digital marketing popular amongst enterprises to reach out to potential customers. And the gates get opened for the professionals in digital marketing from MNCs as well as startups and medium enterprises.
Digital marketing experts are abundantly required; the job opportunities for them are exploding. And various career options are available across the globe.
What does actually Digital Marketing consist of?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pintrest, YouTube)
- Pay per click ads (Google, Bing)
- Banner ads
- Website content/Blog
- Email Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
Why to join this Bandwagon?
- The statistics: Times of India had reported that Digital Marketing will create 1.5 Lakh jobs in India by 2016. This makes it one of the promising career options for fresher as well as experienced candidates
- Graduate from any stream can be a digital marketer: No compulsion of being engineer or of technical background. Science/ Commerce/ Arts person can also choose this career path
- More than one career option: Digital marketing consist of above various aspects. And along with digital marketer as a comprehensive career choice; one can get job as SEO specialist or Content Writer and so on. Find your interest and chose your career
- Get paid well: According to Web Strategies Inc, there will be increase in digital marketing spend. 35% of total budgets would be utilized for online marketing. The demand of the jobs is ever increasing with the pay
- You can start your own enterprise: By becoming a digital marketer, you will be able to consult businesses. Also if you have your own enterprise, you can market it online to attract more clients
So how do we know more about getting trained in Digital Media Marketing?
- Read blogs/ articles and gain basic knowledge
- Attend events which will tell you the current trends
- Join Training Institute which will give you thorough domain knowledge as well as applying it online on live projects
On ending note, we would say, talents who can build a well-structured marketing strategy for business are grabbing highly paid jobs in all industries. Now the call to action is from your side. Get well acquainted with constructive knowledge and kick start your career in Digital Marketing. All the Best!